DISCUSSION STARTER: TALKING ABOUT RELIGIONS
Below is a list of some religions that may have followers living in your local area.
The words beside the name of each religion indicate some features of the religion's beliefs and practices.
These words may be used to help you use your search engine to find information about particular features of the religion.
You can of course add other names and words to this list. If you are doing this as a group invite other members to add the extra words.
- BUDDHISM: The Five Principles; Buddha Nature; The Eightfold Path; Enlightenment
- CHRISTIANITY: Jesus Christ; Holy Spirit; Bible; Resurrection; Kingdom of God; Mission
- HINDUISM: Dharma; Karma; Moksha; Puja; Vedas; Gita; Brahman
- JUDAISM: Torah; Covenant; Pesah; Seder; Synagogue; Mitzvot; Shabbat
- ISLAM: Allah; Qur'an; Hadith; Hajj; Five Pillars; People of the Book; Sufis
Select a word from the list and write a short paragraph about it. Write as though you are speaking to a person of a different religion from your own.
Critically assess each written passage in terms of how it reflects the criteria of:
- Essay THOUGHTS ABOUT RELIGION
- DISCUSSION STARTER: MY UNDERSTANDING OF RELIGION No.1
- DISCUSSION STARTER: MY UNDERSTANDING OF RELIGION No.2
- DISCUSSION STARTER: MY UNDERSTANDING OF RELIGION No.3
- Information Sheet : DIVERSITY AND UNITY