THE DREAM AND THE VISION
DISCUSSION STARTER: THE DREAM AND THE VISION
People committed to interfaith relations have a vision of a world in which people of different cultural and religious traditions and commitments live together in peace and harmony.. In practical terms they are seeking to demonstrate what they believe life on this planet can and ought to be.
In the poem/song by Joe Darion THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM the man of La Mancha speaks about his commitment to pursuing an impossible dream or reaching for an unreachable star. The character also suggests that the world would be just a little better because he never gave up the effort to attain these never to be fulfilled missions no matter what price he has to pay for indulging in a search that is beyond his reach.
See also the YouTube clip in FIRM FOUNDATIONS / RESOURCES.
1. Is the interfaith dream of a world living in peace and harmony an impossible dream?
2. Is there any sense in reaching for an unreachable star?
3. Is the world any better because some people have embraced religious diversity and joined the quest for respect, harmony and understanding between the followers of these different religions?
- Essay A WORLD DOMINATED BY RELIGIOUS INTOLERANCE:-
- Essay THOUGHTS ABOUT RELIGION
- Uniting Church people in Ministry visit local communities
- North Brisbane Interfaith Group
- INTERNATIONAL PARTNERSHIP